Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lust, uninvited

He had a way
of walking into a room

that made her want to leave
everything she knew
behind

his presence
made her ache

Literally

it hurt
to be around
him

a brushing of hands

the ache intensified

she wanted
nothing more

than
this man

The One
she could not have

The One
who wanted her

his scent
already familiar

his breath
on her

his fingers
long and lean on calloused hands

intertwined

with her fingers
her hair

his words
naked
uncensored

his essence
already known
by her

to be herself
with him
to press herself
against him

longing
needing

this man

he was all she wanted


This post on LUST is part of the "Five for Ten Again" series. Click on the link or button to join in the discussion.

16 comments:

  1. Dang girl. Now I'm off to bed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy... beautiful. Hot. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My post pales in comparison...

    Who knew you are a poet, too?

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So steamy. I remember those heady days when I thought I'd explode just having my guy brush against me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great response to the lust topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed by all of the poetry in several Momalom posts. This poem captures the essence of lust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo la la, this is steam and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew, reading at work. What a mistake, now I'm practically panting. :-) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "It hurt to be around him"...oh boy. I had one of those. Delicious torture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so intense. I love the line especially about the brushing of hands, because I think that's one of the the sexiest & subtlest things you can do.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My, oh my! Is it getting hot in here? (Wait, you're not talking about Sawyer are you?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for writing about LUST. So boldly. I admire your ability to do this, to write like this, and just put it out there. And beautifully written, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear sweet Liz. You never fail to inspire me when you talk about your marriage. When you talk about the revelry of your marriage. When you talk about how hot your hubby is, how he accepts you for all your highs and lows, how he is exactly who you want and need to be with. You never ever ever fail to bring the beauty out of your relationship and slam it up on this page. And this time you've done it with a sweet, precocious lilt. I adore you. I adore your words. And the magic in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock...