So when Gigi tagged me with a little blogosphere game of "What's in your bag?", my first thought was...
No way. There is no way I am letting the world (okay, maybe like 100 people in the world) see what's in my purse (at least not without editing the contents first). Uh-uh. Who the hell knows what's in there on any given day?
But then I thought: Why not? I spill my guts out on this blog, why not spill the contents of my purse?
And actually, after dumping it all out (and of course, rearranging it all ever so neatly for photo op), I was relieved to see it really wasn't that bad. So without further adieu, for frivolity's sake, I present you with...What's in my bag?
First of all...the bag: My beautiful purple messenger Marc by Marc Jacobs bag was a birthday gift from Hubby while on our recent trip to Savannah. Cute, huh? Up until pretty recently, I never ever owned any bag over $30 bucks...I'm more of a shoe whore. But I do admit that I'm digging this one. Big time.
Now its contents, in a sorta clockwise direction, sorta random order from the top left corner:
1. One thong underwear: I'm not really sure why this is in there. I was quite surprised to see it, and admit that I highly debated leaving it out of the photo, but I guess a girl never knows when a girl might need a spare pair of panties. I can assure you they're clean.
2. My classroom keys: I used to refuse to carry these around except while at work, because I am a big believer in completely "punching out" while not at work. I don't even like work reminders while I'm off the clock. But since I kept losing them on a daily basis, I had to give in and find a secret slot for them in my bag, where I never run into them until I need them.
3. My pink planner: I am absolutely, completely, utterly lost without it.
4. Maxalt Prescription Migraine medication: Suffered from these since I was in 4th grade. Try to avoid taking these unless absolutely necessary, since they work like magic on the pain but make me slur my words and bloat like I drank a jug of soy sauce.
5. Hand lotion: You know how most people feel about nails scratching on a chalkboard? That's how I feel about my cuticles catching on fabric.
6. My Kenneth Cole black lacy wallet: It's a little bit dominatrix, a little bit rocker chic. Perfect.
7. Altoids: I carry around lots of them...sometimes for my breath, sometimes just to get me to stop thinking about eating chocolate.
8. Origins Stress-Reliever Peppermint Ointment: Does wonders for the migraines when I can't afford to sound drunk or look puffy (see #4).
9. My gold-ish bird dangly earrings: When I poured out the contents of my purse, I discovered, much to my dismay, that these are both completely and possibly irreversibly tangled together.
10. My tube-o-pills: Excedrin and Tylenol are always with me...again, part of my migraine arsenal.
11. Make-up: One kohl smudgy eye liner, leftover from my South Beach weekend ('cause date nights always require a smoky eye). The rest are lipsticks in varying shades of pink and coral. You all have seen a glimpse of my make-up collection, but the only stuff I carry around without fail is lipsticks...usually a few, and always by MAC.
12. Elementary school pictures of Hubby and myself: Let me explain...the school we work at is having a yearbook thing with teachers' pics. That's why those are there. I swear. I am not a weirdo who carries around pictures of myself in 3rd grade (although I was quite cute, dontcha think?) and Hubby wearing an E.T. t-shirt.
13. Hubby's chain: His has a charm with each of the boys' names and a charm with my name. Mine has a charm with each of the boys' names and a charm of his name. I know. We are mushy. It's better than Angelina Jolie's vial of blood, though.
14. Weight Watcher's book: For those of you who are not familiar with the program, this book basically contains every food choice imaginable and its corresponding caloric points value. The battle never ends.
15. Mini journal: This is the one I carry around to jot down blog ideas, songs I want to download, books I want to read, and let the kids doodle in when we're doing groceries.
16. Pen: This is from a bar complex in Key West called Rick's and Durty Harry's. Hubby and I have had some good, goooood times there. I stole it from the bartender. I carry it around and treat it like it's a gold Montblanc. I've misplaced it a couple of times and freaked out over it. It just makes me smile every time I use it.
17. Disposable preservative-free eye drops: I wear contacts and I'm a tad high maintenance.
Thanks, Gigi...this was fun. And now I tag the following ladies to post what's in their bags:
*Maria at Mom of Three Seeks Sanity
*Sarah and Jen (EACH of your bags!) at Momalom
*Dana at The Kitchen Witch
*That Girl39 at Forty Not Out
I picked based on whose bag I'd most like to snoop through in real life. I know. I'm a nosy bitch, but at least I'm honest. Plus, every once in a while it's nice to stop trying to solve the world's problems or discover our true selves and just post something silly. Have fun!