So I'm not usually into the whole fashionably late thing...in fact, I like to be timely whenever possible. However, when it comes to blogging, unfortunately, I am not always as consistent as I'd like to be (hence, my last post). Sarah and Jen from http://www.momalom.com/ (which rocks, by the way) had these pretty cool "101 Things About Me" posts a couple of weeks ago. A few of their followers followed along and I thought I would too, since it was pretty cool to read and seemed pretty challenging to write. So in a particularly narcissistic, self-indulgent, and hopefully slightly revealing post, I present you with...
101 Things About Liz.
1. I'm 36 years old.
2. I was born in Chicago, but consider myself Cuban.
3. I own 56 pairs of shoes.
4. This includes my running and biking sneakers, an assortment of flip-flops, and one pair of fuzzy slippers.
5. My iPod, cell phone, planner, and a lock of hair are all hot pink.
6. My one goal as a teacher is to get my students to love reading.
7. When I was a little girl, I really believed I could be and do anything when I grew up.
8. I also believed my dad when he used to tell me I was the "most beautiful girl in the world."
9. I was pretty bummed when I realized I, in fact, was not.
10. I think I'm still pretty cute.
11. I have 4 tattoos.
12. I will be getting one more.
13. I ran two half-marathons, completed two Muddy Buddies, a couple of sprint adventure races, and several 5ks.
14. During my first half marathon, I was recovering from a stomach virus.
15. During my second one, I was pregnant and did not know it.
16. I never want to jump out of an airplane.
17. My soul is in Hawaii.
18. My favorite person in the whole world is my husband.
19. I drive a 6-year-old Hyundai, but once paid $533 for a pair of shoes.
20. Those shoes are my favorite thing in my closet.
21. I have two super powers: my sense of smell and an uncanny ability to remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard a song.
22. If I could choose a real super power, it'd be the ability to teleport.
23. The smell of hospitals makes me sick to my stomach.
24. I am irrationally afraid of lizards, especially geckos and salamanders.
25. I used to work at the Miami Seaquarium.
26. I got certified in scuba diving just to prove (to myself) that I could do it.
27. I hyperventilate when I snorkel.
28. When I was 4 years old, I nearly drowned in a hotel swimming pool.
29. I remember the experience.
30. This is harder than I thought it would be.
31. I cry a lot.
32. I wasted 9 years of my life with the wrong guy.
33. I believe in angels.
34. My oldest son is named after a character on the TV show "Felicity."
35. When I was pregnant with him and did not know it, we ran into the actor that played him on the streets of New York.
36. I'd rather have 10 pap smears than one teeth cleaning, but I'm too Type A to skip the dentist.
37. My father drives me nuts.
38. I worry all the time that when he is gone, I will regret a million things.
39. Mountain biking scares the crap out of me every single time I do it.
40. I absolutely love it.
41. If I could switch lives with anyone, it'd be Gabrielle Reece.
42. If I could have my husband switch lives with anyone, it'd be Laird Hamilton. 43. I talk too much.
44. So does Ben.
45. I don't talk nearly enough to Baby Aidan, which makes me feel guilty and worry he will not be as verbal as Ben.
46. I am obsessive about keeping my toenails painted.
47. I absolutely hate the smell of cigarette.
48. I eat peanut butter and banana on an english muffin for breakfast almost everyday.
49. I dream of completing a full marathon.
50. I need to have surgery for a torn meniscus in my knee.
51. When I was in 6th grade, the boy I liked told me it was "too bad" I didn't look more like my sister.
52. I like my sister more and more everyday.
53. When I am playing with pirate swords or Matchbox cars, sometimes I daydream about Barbies and dollhouses.
54. I think God knew if I had a girl, I'd drive her--and everyone in the house--crazy with my good intentions.
55. I often dream about what my life might have been like if I'd been brought up in a less traditionally Cuban home.
56. I would not trade my parents for anything in the world.
57. Drew Barrymore would play me in my Life Story.
58. I resent Photoshop in fashion magazines, but loved it when it was used on my pictures.
59. I wish I were less sensitive.
60. I wish I were braver.
61. I wish I were thinner.
62. I keep a "Life List."
63. I have done most of the things on the list so far.
64. The book Tuesdays With Morrie changed the way I live my live.
65. I am constantly afraid of "the other shoe falling."
66. I hate when people say "supposably."
67. The sound of static drives me nuts.
68. Snoring bothers me even more.
69. I think I'm tougher than I let on.
70. I love to be babied.
71. My favorite part of being a mom is watching them turn into actual people, with personalities and preferences and quirks.
72. The worst part of parenting is the lack of freedom.
73. Every time I watch the news, I get so freaked out by the stories, I have to turn them off.
74. I am an absolute idiot when it comes to geography and history, so I'm smart enough to keep my mouth shut on both subjects.
75. I think I ended up in the wrong career.
76. Even though I absolutely love teaching.
77. Venice is the only place left on my "Places I Absolutely Must Visit Before I Die List."
78. I don't believe in coincidences.
79. I don't go to church.
80. I believe in God.
81. I've suffered from migraines since I was 7.
82. I love hats.
83. My favorite show ever in the history of the world is "Sex and the City."
84. I don't iron. Ever.
85. My 3-year-old has a better sense of direction than I do.
86. I am a sucker for romance.
87. I married a man who called himself "un-romantic" but--lucky for me--actually turned out to be over-the-top, straight-out-of-a-movie romantic.
88. He does not put up with any of my crap.
89. On the nights it's my turn to read Ben books, I silently pray that he does not whine, "But I want Daddy to read me books..."
90. He says it about 50% of the time.
91. I have no tolerance for incompetence.
92. I always let cars pass me on the road.
93. I believe there are times when a good curse word is necessary.
94. Elizabeth Bennett is my favorite literary heroine.
95. I love a good chick flick.
96. I tweeze my eyebrows at red lights.
97. I have a chandelier in my closet.
98. When I was a kid, I was always picked last for the team and begged the P.E. teacher to let me sit out.
99. I consider myself an athlete now.
100. I am loud and I like it that way.
101. The whole time I've been writing this, Aidan has been playing so quietly in his crib, I've checked on him about 15 times.