Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tag, You're It!

I used to hate playing Tag when I was a kid. I was a little chubby. And clumsy. And uncoordinated. And it took me forever to tag someone else. Now? I'm still clumsy and uncoordinated, but a pretty good runner so I'm up for a good game of Tag. So, Gigi over at Gigi's Ramblings tagged me with a Tag of 8's (See? Who needs Facebook when I have the blogosphere for this kind of fun and irreverence?!?).

Here are the rules:
1. Mention the person who tagged you.
2. Complete the lists of 8. (Gee, how serendipitous that my last post just happened to be in list form, too!)
3. Tag 8 other people and let them know.

8 Things I am Looking Forward To:

  1. My upcoming weekend away with my crazy friends for the Dave Matthews Band Concert
  2. Back to school (Hey, summer's great, but this is a house filled with 2 teachers, one preschooler, and a crawling baby...we're starting to get on each other's nerves)
  3. Next summer
  4. Reaching my goal weight
  5. Someday owning the perfect pair of black stiletto Christian Louboutins
  6. Having professional pictures taken of the four of us by the chic-est, coolest girl I know
  7. Spending an entire summer in Hawaii when Aidan Kai gets a bit older (and easier)
  8. Being able to do 10 military-style push-ups

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

  1. 7 military style push-ups
  2. Gave myself a mani-pedi
  3. Slept in (I have The Best Husband)
  4. Pushed my littlest one on the swing at the playground
  5. Put my oldest one in time-out at the playground
  6. Started this post
  7. Got Ben to eat and like broccoli (melted cheese is a beautiful thing)
  8. Was captured by Captain Hook (Hubby) and was rescued by Batman (Ben)

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

  1. Train for a marathon without doing more damage to my knee
  2. Go to Hawaii...often
  3. Live on the beach
  4. Finish decorating and furnishing my house
  5. Surf
  6. Sleep more
  7. Stop obsessing...about the laundry, the dishes, the toys, my weight, money, life, everything
  8. Surrender

8 Places I'd Like to Visit:

  1. The Hawaiian islands I have not yet visited
  2. Venice
  3. Cabo San Lucas
  4. San Francisco
  5. Tahiti
  6. Iowa (long story)
  7. Greece
  8. Amsterdam

Places I Have Visited:

  1. Oahu
  2. Maui
  3. Paris
  4. New York
  5. North Carolina
  6. Chicago
  7. Georgia
  8. The Caribbean

8 People to Tag:

  1. Jen & Sarah at Momalom (sort of one person)
  2. Becca at Drama for Mama
  3. Lucy Cooper at http://fourjugs.blogspot.com/
  4. Tere at A Mom, A Blog, and the Life in Between
  5. D at 12 Pair
  6. The Amazing Trips
  7. Mouthy Mama
  8. Linda at All & Sundry

TAG! You guys are it...!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Liz! thanks for playing - I love your lists. I can especially relate to *Stop obsessing...about the laundry, the dishes, the toys, my weight, money, life, everything. I need to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm back from my little trip away so I'll get to this tonight and thank you because I wasn't sure what i'd post about and now I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz! I actually DID see this, and Sarah and I want to do it together. So, just a wait a few days. We WILL. Because we have a sister date this Friday. Yahooie!!! And you are on our agenda. (Along with a margarita and a movie and NO KIDS.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. A list. Something I am generally good at - making, not accomplishing, which is good for you. And good for this task! So yay. Nothing better come in the way of our sister date on Friday! Wish you lived closer, Liz, I could use me some fancy purple pumps. Or, more honestly, another friend to cackle with (although mere giggling is appreciated too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen and Sarah...I'm honored to be on the agenda for your sister night, but ya gotta send me a margarita...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me! Will do it as soon as I can work in some down time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock...