Friday, March 23, 2012

Ten Years and Two Puzzle Pieces


together
even then
even when
I barely knew
myself
you knew
me
you knew
us

from the beginning
it was
too perfect
too painful

how could it ever work?
this Thing
you
me
Us

I was so sure that
the reality of every day
would tear apart
dissolve
ruin
what we had

it was the pain
I was sure
that made us so perfect

but you insisted
you were sure
and I could not
turn away
could not
breathe

it hurt
to breathe

we wanted to
want
but the desire
was so strong
it was a need

and certainly

that
could
never
last

yet

here we are

I let you
and you took care of me

and now

here we are

taking care of each other


Happy Anniversary, Hubby...a whole decade and it still feels exciting and fresh...yet I don't even remember life before you.  I really am the lucky one.

*In addition to my 10-year wedding anniversary, there was another anniversary of sorts this month...when I was off gallivanting to Paris, this little blog celebrated its THIRD year! Happy blog-a-versary to me/it!

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy anniversaries! Can't wait to the see the Paris pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Happy anniversaries to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you have an interesting blog. I clicked through from a comment you made on JennyMac's blog.

    Happy Anniversary and Blog-a-Versary too by the way!

    I'll try to stop by more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me cry, absolutely beautiful.

    Happy Anniversaries to you Liz....hope you are feeling better, thanks for your comment the other day, I always love a comment from you :) XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock...