Sunday, July 26, 2009

The more, the merrier???

When I had my first son, I realized how exhausting parenting is.

And then I had another one.

Oh crap. I had no idea.

A couple of days ago, Ben spent the day (the whooooole day and part of the night) with his cousins. This left Hubby and me with 11-month-old Aidan Kai.

Just Aidan Kai.

Just one kid.

Oh my God. It was so frickin' easy.

I thought back to the days when we only had Ben and were exhausted and overwhelmed. And then I laughed.

How is it that when you have only one, it can be so completely and utterly overwhelming and then you have another one and suddenly having one is like a day off?

So does this mean that the way to solve the problem of being completely and utterly overwhelmed with two children is by having a third?

Yeah. Not gonna happen.

8 comments:

  1. It just goes to show that things are never as bad as they seem to be. When we had Michael, we were ALWAYS tired. Me being a natural born worry wart didn't help. I became this 24/7, can't stop thinking of the worst, semi-over protective, somewhat paranoid mother. Totally, completely, and utterly, exhausting!! And then we had Brian. This adorable little boy had the born ability to constantly remind us of what it was REALLY like to feel "exhausted". Naturally, my 24/7, can't stop thinking of the worst, semi-over protective, somewhat paranoid behavior didn't help because now it DOUBLED. If it wasn't one, it was the other, or both at the same time. Geez, I'm getting tired just thinking about it!! Eventually we learned how to "improvise, adapt, and overcome". We focused more on the positive things, counted our blessings everyday, and tried our best to see things for what they really were, regardless of how tormented we felt at the time. Bottom line, if given the choice, we would do it all over again in a heartbeat!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, come on. Have a third. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to give a little blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! and I think its harder when there is only one around!
    I'm blog hopping to let people know about the giveawy on my blog - I'd lvoe if you'd stop by!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps having a third MIGHT make it easier however I'm not to sure about that one lol. I don't think I could handle a third right now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And to think how I went to bat for you when you said all you wanted was one!!!!! To me, two is the perfect number. I want to be one of the first to know if number 3 is on the horizon! Maybe it will be the granddaughter! How many of these encouraging commenters don't even have one yet? I think at least a couple of them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I.m sure your next husdand will make a great dad for number 3! (or maybe 4. I hear that's a great number.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock...