Monday, March 9, 2009

Technology frustrates me.

You know those people who just looooove technology? They know all kinds of jargon, applications, shortcuts. They carry iPhones, schedule on BlackBerries, even watch TV shows online. They upload, download, blog, and Twitter. Well, I'm not one of them. When I try to print something and get an error message, I want to throw away my printer and buy a new one.

I hate technology. I do. I have no idea how I ended up blogging, or texting, or even signing in to Facebook (yes people, I gave in). Sometimes I think I have no business here. And yet, here I am, and here you all are...reading my posts, supporting me, giving me tips, cheering me on...all while snickering in disbelief. So this post is really one part "shout-out," one part apology, and one part request for help. First the shout out part...thanks to all of you who have taken the time to log on and read, sign in and "follow," comment, or forward the blog to your friends. I can't believe how many of you have NOT mocked, criticized, or asked incredulously "Why???" (at least not to my face, which is good enough for me). I am trying to post daily so keep coming back. The apology part goes out to all of you have tried to comment, follow, or something or other and are receiving error messages (or no messages at all) from The Mysterious World of Technology. I am trying to figure out why these glitches are happening and how I can fix them. I am also trying to learn how to improve my blog and most importantly how to get it "out there"...develop a fan base (other than those of you who feel obligated to read it because you love me--or at least like me a teeny bit). Hence, the request part: If any of you have any tips on blogging and all that comes with it (or know someone who do), I'd be forever in your debt. (No, I'm not paying anyone in shoes but I might offer you my first born on one of his bad days.)

3 comments:

  1. As one of those who looooves technology. Just wanted to let you know we have your back and will try to support your blogging in any way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like my own personal shout out, apology, and "request"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock...